When the weather starts to warm up I get this great urge to shop. You do too, right? It can’t just be me. :)
I used to spend hours wandering Nordstrom, J.Crew and Banana trying things on, pairing new shoes with new jeans in the dressing room to make sure I liked them together. Now I spend a few stolen moments online, click submit order and pray it all fits when it gets here.
Well, here are a few of the items the UPS man has left on my front porch recently, and I couldn’t be more thrilled with any of them.
1. I’ve been so into bold, colorful lips this winter and I’m not planning on giving them up for spring. These Matte Balms from Revlon are hard to find, but they’re totally worth the search. They stay on well and don’t give you that dry cakey look. I’ve been wearing Sultry but am looking for something a little pinker for spring/summer.
2. This stripe sleeve top from J.Crew is perfect for a casual day at home, the gym, the grocery store or the carpool line. Super comfy and roomy but it doesn’t look frumpy and the 3/4 sleeves are nice for when it starts to warm up.
3. Gap jeans and I have a long history. I’m rounded on the bottom and I feel like their straight leg jeans are for really straight all over girls, but not these. I had Gap Cash burning a hole in my pocket last month and threw these in my bag on a whim, and I’m in love. They’re a great fit and the distressing is just enough to not make me feel like a real rock star. :)
4. Ummm…these d’Orsay flats are a total knock-off of these Manolos but I don’t care. They’re so cute! With a little black dress and a cardigan for church or a date night in the summer? Perfect!
5. My stylist sold the Redkin Hot Sets to me after my big haircut last month to help hold the curl/wave I was looking for. It totally works. My hair is really pretty straight and normally when I walk out into the humidity I lose the curl I just worked so hard to add, but so far this is really holding up. I spray a little on each section before curling with the curling iron. Every once in a while I go a little overboard and I’ll get a crunchy piece or two, but it doesn’t look it, and it’s so worth the great hold.
What have you been eyeing for spring?
I’m hoping to make these favorites a regular feature: favorite camera accessories, favorite bento box snacks, favorite kids clothes, favorite home decor. Anything in particular you’re curious about?