Hi, I’m Meagan, and these days I’m certainly In the Midst of It.
I’ve struggled for years to come up with a tagline to describe my blog, but I think this one finally fits.
Like so many bloggers, this space started out as a place for me to share photos and stories with my family and friends and, ya know? it’s still that kind of place, but it’s more than that too. And that’s why it’s been hard for me to come up with that little descriptor. I do more than share just my musings here.
I want to inspire others who are in this season of parenting little ones and trying their best to get it right. I want to help you learn to take better pictures of your kids, capturing a photo that’s just as beautiful as the moment. I want to help you pack a better lunch, one your kids will be excited to eat! And I want to remind all of us that just because we’re moms doesn’t mean we forget our sense of style, both fashion wise and in our homes.
I’m currently in the midst of preparing my almost five year old and myself for the transition to Kindergarten next fall, trying to rein in my strong-willed two year old daughter without crushing her spirit, attempting to stay organized and keep a tidy, clutter-free home, working part-time for my family business, supporting my husband as he grows his career, and most importantly trying to keep all four of us fed, clothed and happy. :)
I think most of us feel like we’re In the Midst of It most days – laundry, dinner prep, gymnastics, homework, exercise (if I only had 30 more minutes a day!) date nights, toys, sticky floors, sloppy toddler kisses and bedtime stories. And while some days just plain wear us out, they’re all pretty awesome. Let’s celebrate this season!
You can jump in whatever midst of it you’re in:
- Pack better lunches: Check out my Simple Bentos Guide and find a weekly look at what my kids are (hopefully) eating.
- Take better photos: Find a photoshop or photography tutorial that can help you take your photos to the next level.
- Find your inner crafter: Check out my favorite paper crafts and party decor for your family and home and download a free printable or two while you’re here!
- Express your style: See my style posts for easy outfit inspiration. Because sometimes jeans and a button-down are all you need to feel more put-together. :)
- Explore Dallas: Visiting Dallas or local to the city? I’ve got lots of tips for everything from a day out with the kids to date nights. I love everything about living in Dallas, and I like to share my city with you.
Grab an iced coffee and have a look around. I’m glad you’re here!